Injection Sclerotherapy for Hemorrhoid
According to the Mayo Foundation for Medical Education and Research (MFMER), about half of Americans aged 50 years and above experience signs of hemorrhoids or piles. The disorder is characterized by soreness, itching, and bleeding in the anus or lower rectum. It can be caused by painful veins which swell. It is grouped into two kinds. It is an internal hemorrhoid if the inflamed veins are inside the rectum. It is external if it is under the skin that surrounds the anus. One who has this condition can take over the counter medicine, undergo a surgical procedure or try a non-surgical approach such as injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid.
- Sclerotherapy is only one of the non-surgical treatments for hemorrhoid.
- In fact, it is one of the oldest strategies used for treating treatment plans.
- Other non-surgical treatment options include rubber band ligation, cryotherapy and heat coagulation.
- With this approach, the particular medical practitioner would inject phenol or quinine urea in liquid form.
- They are the ones referred to as the sclerosants.
- Their main goal is to get rid of the long-period but mild inflammation.
- The patients are usually requested in order to defecate prior to injecting the actual sclerosants.
- Defecating right after the treatment is actually strongly discouraged because it may reduce treatment's effectiveness.
- The area to be taken care of is usually lubricated and pain killer may be given.
Hemorrhoids During Pregnancy
http://www.lnk123.com/SHOa9 - The best way to get rid of hemorrhoids once and for all. I couldn't find anything better. Hi! I'm robo-Suzie and today I'll talk to you ...
The Sclerosants Must be Shot to the Hemorrhoids' Base
It is not entirely pain-free but the pain is experienced much shorter than the one experienced after a surgical procedure. This hemorrhoid management technique usually requires only a day for the pain to go away. It is really an outpatient procedure but most doctors recommend that you have someone come with you as well as drive you home.
- One of the benefits of this injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoid is the results are quick even if it is less expensive than other treatments.
- The inflammation would diminish fast.
- One can see results at least a week after the fluids are injected.
- The hemorrhoids will come out of the body from the normal bowel movement, which must be pain and blood-free.
Another Good Thing about this Therapy is that It is Non-Invasive
This is why it is one of the most recommended to seniors suffering from the said disorder. Unlike surgical procedures, injecting liquids to the veins does not require much strength as well as excellent health.
Of Course, Any Treatment Has Its Own Downside
In the case of sclerotherapy, one may develop scars in the affected area when the inflammation is actually taken care of. Moreover, the medical practitioners limit the treatment to only three hemorrhoids per sessions. It cannot be used for very large painful blood vessels or third degree piles, too. Aside from that the injected phenol is less effective on large piles, there is also a risk for thrombus. Another downside is that the benefits of this treatment are not permanent. The situation may come back after a year or so.
Tips On How to prevent Having Hemorrhoids If you are suffering from hemorrhoids and having some pain, you can always use an ice pack. All you have to do is place an ice pack where you are experiencing pain. Leave the ice pack on around 10-15 minutes or until you feel better. Ice not only...
- Additionally, the injection sclerotherapy for hemorrhoids may be great for the elderly suffering from piles but it is not for everyone.
- It can not be given to those who have additional inflammatory bowel conditions such as the ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease.
To find out about other treatments for hemorrhoids please visit http://how-to-cure-hemorrhoids-fast.blogspot.com and http://how-to-get-rid-of-hemorrhoids-at-home.blogspot.com.
For French check out http://traiter-les-hemorroides-naturellement.blogspot.com and http://hemorroide-faits-traitements.blogspot.com.
For Spanish visit http://tratamiento-de-las-hemorroides.blogspot.com For Italian check out http://come-curare-emorroidi-modo-naturale.blogspot.com.
For German Check Out Http://Hamorrhoiden-Behandlung-Hausmittel.Blogspot.Com
For Portuguese visit http://como-curar-hemorroida-naturalmente.blogspot.com.
Pasquale is a content marketing professional at 20lux.com, a website about alternative health issues. Last year, Pasquale worked as a consultant for a well-known high tech company. When he's not writing articles, Pasquale enjoys drawing and rock climbing.